Wednesday, February 25, 2009

In the Mood for Rilke



Letters To A Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke* is consistently proving to be a treasure. Although I still have not finished the second hand copy I bought six months ago, while my friends have read theirs over five times already, I nonetheless cherish the sporadic times of leisurely indulgence in absorbing Rilke's sublime (and often nosebleed inducing) words. These indulgences have been increased as I have been constantly waiting for either the result of an application exam or the next scheduled trip. And my goodness, at every page turn the connection I felt with Rilke became stronger and more intimate. It was as if I was meant to read the particular letter at the particular moment. His thoughts on life, faith, work and love give solace to my confused and troubled being.




* I found the e-book version to my delight: http://scriptorpress.yage.net/BM14_2001_rilkeletters.pdf

No comments: